1. Margherita left high school for a few months in 2009 and worked as a post-production assistant. Later she went back to school and went on to college, but kept working as a personal assistant, retoucher and photographer.
2. Margherita has her own tagline, ‘Uncensor Yourself’. “I used to censor myself, a lot, both physically and psychologically. It’s been a long journey overcoming my own insecurities. But I’m able to through my work.”
3. She will be shooting across the U.S, France and Spain over the next four months.
4. Margherita doesn’t consider her images shocking, rather she tries “to communicate something that makes sense to me.”
5. Her style is romantic and sculptural, something she gets from her closeness and comfortableness with her subjects. “We play together, we experiment together looking for a certain condition in which openness and truthfulness bring us together to create something. Their relaxed confidence emerges, welcoming and strong at the same time.”
6. Her inspirations vary. “I get inspired by relationships and ways of life: the themes that come out in my pictures are picked up from dynamics I experienced or discussed, thoughts that I developed or negotiate, assumptions that I overcame or challenged.”
7. Margherita still has to blur out nipples on Instagram. #FREETHENIPPLE
8. Her favourite series she shot is “the less seen one, 'MIA', which is a manipulation of nude pictures, to see unexpected shapes and themes come out. Raw and abstract at the same time.”
9. She is currently shooting her first video. We are particularly loving the spikes.
10. Margherita comes from a family of six, she is the fourth child. Middle children, always so artsy.
Makeup by Vanessa Icareg.
Photos courtesy of Margherita Loba Amadio.
Check out more of Margherita's stuff on Instagram
May 25, 2017